Are you a person willing to visit Canada? and need a Canada tourist visa? Do you have a relative to whom you want to go and enjoy the city of Canada? Then you have come to the right place. Let’s deep dive to fulfill your dream to visit the land of diversity and natural beauty!
Whether you are planning to visit a friend in Canada with an aim to enjoy the natural beauty of Canada, your Canadian tourist visa is your ticket to an unforgettable adventure. In this comprehensive content, we’ll walk you through the Canadian tourist visa application process, providing you with valuable information and advice to help you make your application process a success.
What is a Canada Tourist Visa?
Canada Tourist Visa, known as temporary resident visa is a type of visa that allows citizens of other countries to stay and travel inside Canada for a certain amount of time.
Purpose of Canada Visit Visa
Canada Tourist Visa not only allows citizens to visit Canada but also provides numerous benefits. For example-
- Business Purpose: Canadian visitor visa enables visitors to investigate business opportunities, go to gatherings, conferences, or seminars, and get a firsthand understanding of the Canadian market.
- Traveling Opportunity: People can explore Canada’s diverse landscapes like the city of Toronto, Vancouver, Alberta with Canadian visitor visa.
- Short term education opportunity: Holders of visitor visas are permitted to enroll in up to six-month long short-term courses. These could include professional development or language classes.
Visa Availability for Canadian Visa
To visit Canada, you need not always have a visa. You might qualify for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa exemption depending on your nationality. In order to find out if your nation fits into one of these categories, you must visit the official Canadian government website.
Eligible Criteria to Get Canadian Visit Visa
- Having International Passport
- Be physically fit
- Having no criminal record in the home country
- Explaining immigration officer the reason for visiting Canada
- Explaining immigration officer the tendency to stay for a short time in Canada
Visa Application Process
You can apply for Canadian Visit Visa in two ways, either online visa or offline visa. In the case of the online visa process, you have to submit your documents in PDF form through scanning and you have to pay via visit card or mastercard. On the other hand, in case of an offline visa process, you should follow the process given by the Canadian High Commission.
Canada tourist visa Requirement:
Steps to get a Canadian Tourist Visa:
- Collect Necessary Documents: In order to receive a Canadian visit visa, you need to collect some necessary documents. For example- passport, two copies of photograph, financial document, purpose of travel, photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy of immigration status etc.
- Pay the application fee: You need to pay CAD 100 for single entry visa and 500 CAD for multiple entry visa.
- Complete the application form: You need to complete the application form with necessary information. All information should be accurate and up to date. You need to give some basic information about you, your family, your income status etc.
- Biometrics Appointment: Depending on your nationality, you may be asked to provide biometrics, such as fingerprints and photos, to a designated application center. If you stay in Canada more than 6 months, you need to take a medical exam which will require checking the documents of vaccination. The medical officer will record your vaccine history and you should pay all the bills regarding the medical fees.
- Attend the interview: Lately you need to go to the Canadian Embassy to attend an interview.
Receiving Visitor Visa and Entry to Canada
If your visa is approved, you will be issued a visa sticker in your passport as well.
Remember that having a visa does not provide any surety that you will enter Canada. Finally, the immigration officer at the port of entry will decide whether to accept you or not. Be ready to answer questions about your travel plans and provide all required documentation.
Also Read: How to Apply for UK Student Visa in 2023
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much money do you need to get a visitor visa in Canada?
Generally you need to show 2000-2500 canadian dollars (2.5 to 3 lakh bdt) to get a visit visa in Canada.
How much time is needed to process a Canadian Visa?
After applying, you need to wait for a few weeks to get the visa. Sometimes it may take longer if the Canadian Immigration Center is occupied.
How to Get a Canada Tourist Visa for 10 years?
Typically, a 10-year visitor visa to Canada allows the visa holder to stay in Canada for up to six months per entry. With a 10 year visitor visa, you can enter and leave Canada as many times as you like during a ten-year period, but each stay cannot exceed six months.
How to apply for a Canadian Visit Visa from India?
You should follow the same steps discussed in the content.
Acquiring a Canadian tourist visa is an important step towards discovering your travel dreams in this esthetic and diverse country. You followed the proper steps? Now you are to pack your bag and fly for Canada!